Thursday 25 February 2016

Question 1: In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

In this question I am going to comment and evaluate the ways in which my film magazine, poster and trailer challenge forms and conventions of media products. I will look at the typical conventions of film magazines, posters and trailers and see how they compare to my media package.

Film magazine.

Below is a word cloud of the typical conventions of a film magazine front cover that I created on 'worditout';














This wordcloud can be used to compare what I have included on my film magazine cover. Below is an analysis using 'thinglink' of my film magazine cover and how it uses or challenges the typical conventions of a film magazine cover: (Hover over dots to view points)





Overall, I think that my magazine is more conventional than not because it has been inspired by magazines like 'Total film' and 'Empire' magazine, so it is likely to portray some similar conventions, I think my film magazine cover has most of the typical conventions of a film magazine and doesn't challenge the forms and conventions of real film magazines too drastically although there are some areas in which I have strayed away from which might challenge some of the typical conventions of film magazines which I have noted in the above analysis.



Poster

Key conventions of film posters.















Analysis of my film poster (hover over dots to view points)




Film trailers

Conventions of Film trailers















Below is a presentation I made on emaze illustrating how my film trailer challenges forms and conventions.


Powered by emaze
Key learning points
This section of the evaluation has helped me recognise what parts of my film trailer follow or go against the generic conventions of film trailers, posters and magazine covers. I have evaluated how my main and ancillary products compare to real promotional film packages and if I have effectively followed or tested conventions and forms of real film campaign's promotional packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment