Thursday 12 November 2015

Fonts and Colours





In today's lesson we looked at some different styles of fonts and examined whether or not they are acceptable for a film poster and to see if they would fit in to any particular genre, we were given the task of organising our favourite fonts in order of which we thought would be the most effective fonts on a film poster, I thought that the font 'Trajan' was the most effective because it looked like it actually belonged on a film poster whereas many of the fonts just seemed like they should be in a textbook or a leaflet promoting dogging, is is a serif font that has been used on film posters such as 'The Titanic' and 'Thor' so it is clearly a font that is used on film posters to properly market the film
Other fonts such as 'Comic sans' are not suitable for a film poster because they look taccy and are never seen on film posters because of this, the fonts that were'nt chosen are generally considered as boring fonts that would be commonly used commonly on something like microsoft word rather than an eye catching film poster. This enabled me to look at different fonts and recognise which are the most popular fonts and what genre they would fit in to, which will be helpful when deciding on fonts for my film poster.

Below are some brief analysis' of film posters and their use of fonts and colour (over over dots to view points)

Taken;
Steve jobs film;

Key learning points
From this blog post I have learned about the key elements of film posters; fonts and colours which has been useful in influencing  my ideas for film posters because I have looked at what fonts 'belong' on a film poster and what fonts I should potentially avoid to make sure my poster is of a good quality standard and I have also researched and looked at the generic types of text seen on film posters for different genres so I can see what font I should think about using for my own film poster, It has also taught me about the use of colour on film posters which is also vital in the role it plays in conveying a genre and being able to make the poster stand out so it is more eye-catching

No comments:

Post a Comment