Friday 15 January 2016

Draft Trailer

Below is a draft version of my film trailer.



After getting the shots for my film trailer, I have put together a drafted version of my film trailer, there are some things that work well in the trailer, although, there is also some things that need to be improved.

The first issue I have is the sound. I found that background noise on some of the dialogue scenes made it seem slightly messy, this is an issue that can be resolved by filming these scenes in different locations.

I also think that the trailer could have a better structure, it is difficult to work out what the trailer is about, this can sometimes be a good thing, but I think I need to re-think the scripting and structure to ensure that it follows a good narrative structure, referring back to Todorov on his analysis of the narrative structure of trailers may be useful with this.


Key learning points.
I now am aware of what I need to do to improve my film trailer, so this has been useful in regards gaining some feedback on how exactly I can do this. I can now take this information and refer back to it when I am in the second phase of my filming process. This post has also reminded me of some of the key conventions that a trailer should include that I should be careful not to stray away from too much. I will go through how I have learned from my audience feedback in my evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment